-moz-user-select:none; -webkit-user-select:none; -khtml-user-select:none; -ms-user-select:none; user-select:none;

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Uxmal




Temple of the Wizard
 

I got to this beautiful site by bus from the central Merida bus station. It takes a couple of hours to get there and is one of the most beautiful Mayan sites with the colossal Temple of the Wizard rising above the trees. There even were two Conneticut Yankees in the court of Uxmal.  We met at the bus station and travelled together that day. One of them was a professional photographer and the three of us wandered the historic landscape together, climbed a pyramid, and got soaked in the jungle rain before stopping for lunch. In cavalier fashion  gallant Sean offered me his rain coat and I took it.  I unfortunately ran out of battery power and had to use my cell phone to take pictures. That alone separated the photographers from the shutterbugs. It was a  huge temptation to sit on the Jaguar throne in the square that says sitting prohibited!! My two friends vanished briefly and I have been checking Dex's photo website to see if he has any  occupied throne pictures but nothing yet. You won't see it here as I missed the shot!!

two Conneticut Yankees in the Court of Uxmal

 

the real photographer




 


 
success!!  and now bloody hell! we have to turn around and go back down (rain coming!)
















No comments :

Post a Comment